SO YOU WANNA BE A QUE?
"The value of our Fraternity is not in numbers, but in men, in real brotherhood. Eight men thoroughly immersed in the true Omega spirit are far greater assets than eighty with luke-warm enthusiasm"
Walter Herbert Mazyck (Alpha 1913)
Grand Keeper of Records & Seal
The Oracle, March 1925 (Vol. III, No. 1)
Men interested in Omega Psi Phi MUST exhibit the qualities of the Fraternity’s Four Cardinal Principles:
Manhood – Being appropriate in character and marked by moral excellence, courage; bravery; and resolve
Scholarship – Demonstrating an attitude toward education, learning and being informed by achieving or exceeding and maintaining the minimum educational requirements of the fraternity.
Perseverance – Exhibiting a “spirit” of brotherhood, togetherness, humility, cooperation, and a willingness to go an extra mile for the goal sought, as a responsible first-class citizen. This can be demonstrated by presenting obstacles overcome, awards received and honors issued.
Uplift – Sharing ones gifts with the community in the form verifiable aid, activism and leadership.
To be eligible for membership in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, a prospective candidate must:
• Be enrolled as a current full-time student in an accredited four (4) year college that is in good standing.
• Possess a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (in a 4.0 system).
• Have completed at least 36 semester credit hours in a standard semester system.
• Submit five (5) letters of recommendation, of which Two (2) from financial members of Omega Psi Phi chapter through which he is seeking membership and three (3) from members in good standing of the community.
• Submit a Medical Consent and Release from a licensed physician taken within the last ninety (90) days. Parent/Guardian signature is required for candidates under 18 years of age.
• Complete an Application for Membership
• Sign and notarize all required documents
• Turn the application in to your Membership Selection Process (MSP) Coordinator
• Have verifiable school participation in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and campus organizations.
Enter your email to stay connected with Xi Chapter.